FTC September Team Blast
- October 1 – Purdue FIRST Forums
- October 1 – League Assignments Finalized
- October 15 -21 – League Tournament Registration Open
- November 1 – League Tournament Assignments Announced
- November 12 – January 14 – League Meets
- January 21 – February 11 – League Tournaments
- Jan 21 – Columbus
- Jan 28 – Hammond
- Feb 4 – Elkhart
- Feb 11 – Southwest IN TBD
- February 1 – FIRST Day at the Statehouse
- February 25 – State Championship, Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds, Lafayette, IN
- April 19-22 – World Championship – Houston
FIRST Day at the Statehouse
On February FIRST, 2023, FIRST Indiana Robotics will once again be having FIRST Day at the Statehouse. We will be supporting legislation to help us bring FIRST programs to more Indiana students, and we will have a virtual training session prior to the event. We need teams to attend and show our state government how much these programs benefit our students!
Purdue FIRST Forums
Purdue FIRST Programs is excited to welcome everyone back to campus for Purdue FIRST Forums Saturday, October 1st – RSVP here!
FTC Sessions Include:
- Rapid Prototyping
- Manipulators, Lifters, and More!
- Writing compelling (and winning) essays
- Building Agile Teams
- Websites & Social Media for Fun, Profit, & Awards
- How to Win FTC Awards
- FTC Mock Judging & Notebook/Portfolio Review Sessions
- Onshape Tutorial Basic
- Onshape Tutorial Advanced
- FTC Home Base
- Student Board of Directors Open Meeting
- Open Discussion with The Student Board of Directors
- Looking Beyond High School: Diverse Career Paths after FIRST
- Building Sustainability of your Robotics Program through Non-Profit Management
- Effective Outreach
- Running a Coding Team
- Clean Code
- Clean Code LIVE!
- Brainstorming Session: On Demand Mentoring
- Running a FIRST Pipeline of Programs
- FTC Mentor Roundtable
Registration/Intent to Return
Please register your team as soon as possible. If you are waiting on grant funds, please log into your FIRST dashboard and declare your intent to return. This helps get league assignments made and communicated as early as possible.
- National Registration is
- League Play Registration
- Includes 3 league meets and 1 league tournament
- Pay with credit card ($258): https://pay.firstindianarobotics.org/
- Pay by check ($250): Indiana FIRST, 1300 E 86th St Ste 36A, PO Box 80541, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- State Championship Registration (if eligible)
Check out these resources available on the FIRST Inspires website.
FIN Grant Applications – Now Open!
The FIRST Indiana Robotics grant application process for 2021-2022 is now open.
We encourage all teams at all levels to fill out our application. This will enable us to determine if you are eligible for any of our existing or future regional team support grants. It will also help us to be able to let prospective grantees know how their grant dollars will impact our teams.
If you are a Toyota-sponsored or Rolls-Royce-sponsored team, this grant application is required for that support. Click Here to see these amazing opportunities, including the NEW Plex Smart Manufacturing Grant.
FIRST Scholarship Portal is now open, please share this link with any college bound seniors on your team!
FIN Consent & Release
As you begin registering team members, please make them aware that they must fill out both the national consent & release at www.firstinspires.org, and the local consent & release form.
We are excited to announce that our
new consent & release form
is online and ready to go!
1) Click the black button on the left to start a form
2) Click the green or purple button, whichever is applicable
3) Select the applicable program and team
4) Fill out the personal information
5) Read the body text
6) Sign & submit!
Can’t remember if you submitted a form? Choose the “Get your magic login” link on the right and you can see any forms you have entered.
Coaches use the “Get your magic login” link to create a login and see which team members have completed their consent & release forms.
Special thanks to Brad Thompson
for all of his efforts to get this system up and running!
Who should I talk to?
- FTC Team Support
- Consent & Release Forms
- Growth (start a new team!)
- FLL, FTC, or FRC Competitions
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!