Awards Submission Dates
Do NOT forget to nominate 2 Dean’s List Students (current sophomore or junior) by February 10th, 2022 3 PM Eastern Time. Only Coach 1 or Coach 2 can complete the nomination process in your dashboard. If you have questions, reach out to us.
Dean’s List Students need to be in your team Roster with both the FIRST and the FIRST Indiana Consent and Releases Signed to be considered.
Don’t forget to bookmark this page –
IN-MaC Micro-Grant Program: Connecting Education, Industry, and Community Initiatives focused on industry exposure and experiences
IN-MaC has launched the 2021-22 Micro-Grant Program, awarding dollars to foster the growth of youth and adult manufacturing initiatives around the state of Indiana.
This program aims to provide grant funding to education (K-16), industry, and community-based organizations that implement creative ways to enhance youth and adult experiences in industry.
Ranging from $1,000 – $2,000, the Micro-Grants are designed to support innovation and encourage organizations to dedicate funds towards development and program implementation that impact industry awareness.
IN-MaC has a targeted interest in:
• Projects focused on exposing youth (K-12) to manufacturing through:
- Virtual Experience or Exposure to Industry Careers
- STEM Equipment/Curriculum
- Industry Awareness
- Hands-On Experiences
- STEM Related Experiences
• Campaigns focused on efforts to increase exposure and awareness to industry
• Innovative projects that demonstrate creativity and that can serve as a model for other organizations and communities across Indiana
We currently do not fund:
• General or ongoing organizational support (salaries)
• Campaigns for political candidates
Who can apply?
Micro-Grant funds are open to:
• Education (K-16)
• Community partners
IN-MaC is accepting request for proposal (RFP): https://bit.ly/3yVnCuN
Micro-Grant funds will be distributed to organizations once applications are accepted and approved.
Grants must be applied for in advance of the opportunity. Retroactive requests will not be accepted. The Grant cycle will run from October 1, 2021– June 1, 2022.
These grants are filled until the money is gone. Get in as soon as possible!
FIRST Robotics Day at the Statehouse
On Tuesday, February 1st please share your support of FIRST Indiana Robotics by utilizing your social media to make posts about “Why FIRST is important” and use the hashtag #FINFAM
Have students do short videos and post on Instagram, Facebook, etc. Please tag us and use the hashtag #FINFAM
We need your posts, stories, videos, etc. to tell a bigger and more compelling story to our legislature.
Opportunities with FIRST Indiana Robotics
FIRST Indiana Robotics is looking for your input, advice, guidance, etc.!
- Program Support – help provide resources for teams, mentors, students, etc. across all programs. Brad Thompsonfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Development – help work with others at FIN to fundraise, recruit new sponsors, etc. Renee Becker-Blau – email@example.com
- Finance – do you like accounting, numbers, fiscal policies, etc? We have a role for you! Nathan Petrie – npetrie@Indianafirst.org
- PR & Marketing – press releases, social media, advertising, etc. We need your help to make FIN LOUD! Hugh Meyer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
Have you ever thought about sitting on a non-profit board of directors or do you have a parent, mentor, etc. on your team that you think would be a great member of our board of directors? Please reach out to Renee Becker-Blau – email@example.com