Congratulations, you’ve won a FIRST Indiana Robotics grant. What do you do now?
Engage with you Sponsors
Our sponsors LOVE to hear from teams – they especially love to see you in action working on your robot, practicing your presentations, or having fun at events. Here are some ways to show sponsors your appreciation:
- Recognize your sponsors in your team’s FIRST® account
- Engage your community with the social media/marketing suggestions below
- Recognize your sponsors and FIRST®Indiana Robotics on your team’s website, social media profiles, banners, and shirts
- Create an online video about your team that recognizes your sponsors
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING GUIDE SUMMARY
- Use all proper logos (found below) on marketing materials
- Use the sample messages below and tag our accounts
- Tag us in any postings on social media
- Copy any media inquiries for your team to email@example.com
- Follow FIRST® in Texas on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram
Complete the End of Season Report
The End of Season Report form will open in March 2020. All grant recipients are expected to complete the End of Season Report. Grant recipients who do not complete the report will not be eligible for FIRST Indiana Robotics grants in future seasons.
End of Season Reports is due May 1st, 2022.
The Report will require you to submit the following materials / complete the following tasks:
- Student survey: to be completed once by each team member. Student survey data helps our sponsors understand the important impact FIRST® programs have on students’ lives and career choices, and thus helps us secure funding for future years.
- Applicant survey: to be completed once by the Coach who submitted the application.
- Team Photo: upload a photo (.jpg or .png) of your full team, with your robot, and your team number on display. Make it fun – dress up, wear silly hats, take this photo in your Pit at an event!
- Final Demographic Report: we understand that team members may change over the course of the season. We will ask you to update the demographic data originally submitted in your grant application.
- Sponsor Thank-You Notes: upload a Sponsor Thank-You note for each sponsor who supported your team via a FIRST Indiana Robotics team grant (PDF format; can be a typed letter or scan of a handwritten letter. Including all team members’ signatures makes a big impact!).
- List of Awards: If your team received any awards, we will ask you to input the award name and event at which it was received.
Thank you for your participation and commitment. We look forward to receiving your materials!
Marketing Resources for Teams
All teams must use the FIRST® Indiana Robotics logo on their marketing materials. Use any and all sponsor logos for your team on the robot, your website or blog, team shirts, etc.
Media/Press Outreach & Inquiries
We will provide templates for you to use to promote your team’s presence at upcoming events to local news outlets. For media inquiries about events regarding FIRST® Indiana Robotics, contact us.
Follow these social media accounts and tag your posts with the hashtags listed below when posting to social media.
FIRST Indiana Robotics