Thank You, Fearless Leader!
We want to take a moment and thank Lori Hall for her years of service to the FIRST community. Her passion for STEM Education and desire to create a rewarding experience for our Indiana students has led to significant growth in the local FIRST Tech Challenge program during the transition from Qualifying Tournament to League play.
While Lori is officially retiring from her role as Program Delivery Partner, there is, “no exit strategy” in FIRST! We look forward to seeing her at a future FIRST event after some well-deserved tropical relaxation.
We hope you all are ENERGIZED for an exciting season. A few things to look forward to.
FIRST Energize Theme Content – Free Downloads
- Development of a “Playbook” for coaches, parents, etc. in all of our programs. We are still developing this tool and will be rolling it out. It will be home to team resources, regional forums for coaches, etc. to communicate with one another, and more tools!
- 2022-2023 Student Board of Directors – Our student board will be working cross program this year to help make the FIRST experience the best it can be for students.
- FIRST Day at the Statehouse – Dates to come. We are working with the Governor and several legislative members on potential support for FIRST teams in Indiana. More to come!
- A new and improved consent and release system that will include a tool for coaches to see who has completed the form from their team.
From Left to Right – Trisha Thompson, FLL/FTC Program Manager. Renee Becker-Blau, President, Chris Osborne, Vice-President of Programs, Dan Leathers, Ops, and Logistics Manager.
Learn more about the FIRST Indiana Robotics staff and our summer interns here.
Connect with Trisha Thompson to talk about – FTC Team Support – Registration, training, consent & release forms, etc.
Connect with Dan Leathers to talk about – FTC Competitions, league meets, volunteers, equipment, purchasing, etc.
Many of you follow the @FTC_Indiana Twitter account and we will continue to post, share, etc. from that account.
We encourage you to follow us on our other accounts as well:
Facebook – @FirstInRobotics
Twitter – @FirstInRobotics
Instagram – @FirstInRobotics
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/first-in-robotics
Use the hashtags – #FINFAM #omgrobots #morethanrobots and make sure to tag us in your team posts.
The current FTC Indiana website – https://sites.google.com/site/indianaftc/home will be moving to www.firstindianarobotics.org and by kickoff the above URL will redirect to the FIN website.
We will continue to update you all on the transition of the website so that you don’t miss anything important.
As we begin the 2022-2023 season, FIRST Indiana Robotics will be sending out program updates via this newsletter. Make sure to add our emails to your “whitelist” or to your address book so that you don’t miss out on any important announcements.
We also will be recreating these emails as blog posts on our website. You can subscribe to those posts through an “RSS” Feed and put it into your slack, discord, or other communication tools so that parents, students, etc. stay on top of the news as well.
Copy this link into whatever tool you use to subscribe to RSS feeds – https://www.firstindianarobotics.org/blog/feed/
- 2022-2023 Competition Structure
- Team Registration
FIRST Core Values
We express the FIRST philosophies of Gracious Professionalism and Coopertition through our Core Values:
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!