FTC October Update
- October 15 -21 – League Tournament Registration Open
- October 25 – League Tournament Assignments Announced
- November 12– Avon Scrimmage
- November 12-January 14 – League Meets
- November 24 – FIN Offices Closed (Thanksgiving)
- December 10 – FIRST LEGO League Challenge State Championship
- December 23-26 – FIN Offices Closed (Christmas)
- January 2 – FIN Offices Closed (New Year)
- January 21-February 11 – League Tournaments
- Jan 21 – Columbus
- Jan 28 – Hammond
- Feb 4 – Elkhart
- Feb 11 – Crane Naval Base
- February 1 – FIRST Day at the Statehouse
- February 25 – State Championship, Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds, Lafayette, IN
- April 19-22 – World Championship – Houston
What: The purpose of the scrimmage is for students to be able to
collaborate and practice working with other teams playing the game, PowerPlay.
Where: Avon High School, 7575 East County Road 150 South Avon, IN 46123.
When: November 12th, 2022 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
How much? No entry / registration fee, if possible, we ask for teams to bring
canned food / non perishable food that will be donated to a local food pantry.
Who should attend? Any robotics teams that want to practice and collaborate
with other teams.
- We have a full FTC field with a full Power Play setup.
- We will have dedicated spaces to help teams that need support with building and programming. This will be separate from the pit area.
- Score will not be kept; we will have a trained referee to remind you about rules.
- We will have a concession stand available, but we will not have an option for ordering ahead pizza. You can bring your own lunch / drinks.
- Teams will have a table for a pit, similar to FTC competitions.
- Items for teams to bring:
- Safety Glasses for all
- Batteries / Chargers
- Spare field elements for practicing
- Canned Food (See How much above)
If you have any questions, email Chris Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
League Tournament Registration
Keep an eye on your email. We will open QT registration TOMORROW, 10/15 at noon ET. You will get an email shortly before noon with a link to the registration form. Registration will close Friday, 10/21 at noon ET. You do not have to register for the tournament that corresponds to your league. League tournament assignments will be announced on or before Tuesday, 10/25.
Jan 21 – Columbus
Jan 28 – Hammond
Feb 4 – Elkhart
Feb 11 – Crane
League Meet Schedules
- December 2nd, Bedford Boys and Girls Club *Scrimmage*
- December 16th Bedford Boys and Girls Club
- January 7th Shoals High School
- January 14th Shoals High School
- December 3rd Greenwood Middle School
- December 10th Center Grove High School
- January 14th Avon High School
North Central Indiana
FIRST Day at the Statehouse
On February FIRST, 2023, FIRST Indiana Robotics will once again be having FIRST Day at the Statehouse. We will be supporting legislation to help us bring FIRST programs to more Indiana students, and we will have a virtual training session prior to the event. We need teams to attend and show our state government how much these programs benefit our students!
FIRST Scholarship Portal is now open, please share this link with any college bound seniors on your team!
FIN Consent & Release
As you begin registering team members, please make them aware that they must fill out both the national consent & release at www.firstinspires.org, and the local consent & release form.
We are excited to announce that our
new consent & release form
is online and ready to go!
1) Click the black button on the left to start a form
2) Click the green or purple button, whichever is applicable
3) Select the applicable program and team
4) Fill out the personal information
5) Read the body text
6) Sign & submit!
Can’t remember if you submitted a form? Choose the “Get your magic login” link on the right and you can see any forms you have entered.
Coaches use the “Get your magic login” link to create a login and see which team members have completed their consent & release forms.
Special thanks to Brad Thompson
for all of his efforts to get this system up and running!
Who should I talk to?
- FTC Team Support
- Consent & Release Forms
- Growth (start a new team!)
- FLL, FTC, or FRC Competitions
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!