We are excited to bring back student roundtable conversations to our FIN events. In Columbus, we will have a few opportunities for students to meet with our Student Board and others to discuss a variety of topics.
Be sure to check the event schedule and listen for announcements by the Emcee’s.
We will be celebrating our seniors again this Spring with a video honoring them. What do we need from you? Your seniors!!!
Please send a spreadsheet with the following information (if you have it)
First Name, Last Initial
Plans for Next Year – College name and major if known, military, straight to workforce, etc.
Please then share a folder (google folder preferred, but will accept attachments as long as there aren’t a ton) with pictures of your senior. Name the files team number, first name, last initial, please. (9999susier.jpg)
Please have these submitted to Chris Osborne – email@example.com by April 1st, 2022.
Remote Judging Call Link
Make sure to watch the remote judging call session. JA’s will be contacting your team ahead of competitions to schedule your remote judging calls. You will get at 25 minute “pit interview”, a separate Chairman’s Award interview (if you submitted) and your Dean’s List nominees will get interviewed as well.
Please check your spam/junk folder. We have had several missed emails to coaches that way.
FIN COVID POLICY UPDATE
There is an update to the FIN COVID policy page.
1. Masks are optional.
2. We ask all of our community to respect those who choose to wear masks and those who still would like to maintain reasonable distancing and fist bumps instead of handshaking, etc.
Please read the update HERE.
2022 Student Impact Survey
Coaches, please pass on this link to your students. This survey is an important tool for us to use when approaching legislators, potential sponsors and potential groups to start teams.
Donors Choose Opportunity
This opportunity is open for full-time educators or school district employees at a U.S. Public School, U.S. Public Charter School, or Head Start in the United States to support the implementation of all FIRST programs in classrooms and after-school environments thanks to generous support from NewsCorp.
Projects requesting resources to support FIRST teams and Class Packs have the chance to receive selective funding from FIRST. Educators can create a project requesting resources like 3D printers, laptops, computer tablets, FIRST robot supplies, LEGO® robot sets, hand or power tools or any other FIRST team or Class Pack materials needed.
Help our Student Board!
The Student Board of Directors is looking for student volunteers to help create a female empowerment collaboration of videos. This will be a brief opportunity to share your story on how FIRST has impacted you, helping to bring more awareness to the gender gap in STEM fields. FIRST Indiana Robotics Student Board is asking that female students make brief (no more than 45 seconds) length videos that showcase their future career goals, college plans, involvement in STEM, etc.
They can upload their videos via this google form.
2022-2023 Student Board Applications Open
Any FRC or FTC rising 10th, 11th, or 12th-grade student is eligible to apply for the FIN Student Board of Directors. Applications are open now and will close Friday, May 6th.
This is a great opportunity for additional leadership experience, advocacy training, etc.
Students can apply HERE.
FIRST Scholarship Opportunity: The Knowledge Society
The Knowledge Society
) is a 10-month program for kids ages 13-17 who are looking to make a real impact with emerging technologies to solve the world’s biggest problems, like climate change, world hunger, poverty, and more.
What does TKS do?
TKS provides high school students with the tools, the environment, and the community to enable success. Sessions take place on the weekends from September to June. Here’s what to expect:
- Learn about 20+ emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Genetic Engineering, Space Tech, and Quantum Computing, and build a portfolio of real projects in the area of your choice.
- Accelerate your personal growth with training on the mindsets, mental models, and habits of world leaders and CEOs.
- Work with global organizations to solve real challenges using advanced problem-solving frameworks. This year, students are participating in consulting challenges with Shell, Walmart, Ikea, XPRIZE, and the UN.
- Join a global community of similarly curious and ambitious people who will support and encourage your growth as your future best friends and collaborators.
- Receive mentorship from industry experts with experience at companies including Google, Tesla, Apple, Microsoft, BenchSci, and more.
- Exceptional TKS Innovators can earn access to unique opportunities, including the prestigious Morehead-Cain Scholarship, the Masason Scholars program, internships, and speaking opportunities.
TKS is now accepting applications to the Global program. We do not look at grades, and there is no prerequisite to applying. There are very limited spaces available.
For early consideration, please submit an application by March 31st, 2022. Applicants who move to the next stage will be invited to a group interview with the Global Program Director.
After being accepted into the program, students will then apply for Financial Aid, if needed. TKS provides:
- Merit-based Scholarships
- Needs-based Scholarships
- Full-ride scholarships for exceptional students.
Our corporate partners help ensure the program remains accessible for students from all backgrounds. Students from FIRST are also eligible for a $500 scholarship. If you are accepted into the program, please use the code 2223FIRST when you enroll.
Where do I apply?
Learn more about our community, the curriculum, and program benefits on our website here
. There is limited cohort availability and financial assistance so we recommend applying early!